Student Leadership in Enhancing Digital Citizenship should be firmly grounded in two pedagogical principles,
1. Students teaching others will understand and retain more than by any other method
2. ‘Kids teaching kids’ is a highly engaging method of delivery for all concerned.
I'm in the planning stages of running four workshops next year with some year five students from the Hobson's Bay Network in the western suburbs of Melbourne. This will be similiar to activities I have planned and run with colleagues twice before.
The concept of Student Leadership in Enhancing Digital Citizenship is also one that I am writing for an upcoming book chapter. In that chapter there are a number of aspects on how to do this, students exploring CyberSafety / CyberBullying and providing leadership in schools and making resources for other students, being only one of these.
Want to read more?
• See my Student Leadership & eLearning resource list.
• Also go to ACCELN Hangout. Students as Digital Leaders
• Sylvia Martinez. Generation Yes blog is also worth reading. http://blog.genyes.org
Image attribution http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:3D_Team_Leadership_Arrow_Concept.jpg